Monday, March 8, 2010

iPod Planet


I have a love/hate relationship with my iPod.

On the one hand, I absolutely love my iPod.
I use it daily for my commute to work. I like to put it on shuffle mode in the mornings. It wouldn't surprise me if my iPod and I have some sort of electromagnetic telepathic link. Sure, I make playlists for my walks or for certain musicians that I want to hear. But... It never ceases to amaze me at the rate in which a song will come up that I was just thinking of. It also has the uncanny ability to dupe my emotions. I can't quite explain why I take amusement in this, but I do. It is just as comforting to know that I can easily spin that wheel and go onto the next tune - although I hardly do.

On the other hand, I curse at my iPod - "What the F&*K happened to my album artwork?
Having an iPod means negotiating iTunes which can be quite an experience. Case in point - you have built a music library over years that is organized exactly how you like it. Then your computer crashes and let me tell you that backing up iTunes and re-installing can be a nightmare. I've had the pleasure of doing this not once but twice within the last month. Nothing is easy when you have over 3,500 songs. How do other people deal?

That being said, there is nothing like having a digital music library at your fingertips. What to hear songs from the 80's - one second please.

Thanks Sis - for the best birthday present ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment